Sunday, July 7, 2013

Beachy Still Life #1

11x15 Watercolor on 140 lb. Kilimanjaro WC paper

Once I realized that Ann's show in November/December was actually a two-person show it motivated me in a way that only deadlines can. The show will be up during the Christmas buying season, so the lady that runs the Rock School Arts Foundation in Valdese, NC indicated that the show should be of sell-able art, that that is what she had in mind. Well, it's been awhile since I have done work with that specifically in mind, but I thought what the hell, that will be fun. I work , usually on holiday relaxing with family and friends when I do landscapes and still lifes, etc. and I really do enjoy doing them. But usually the work that I do are like journal entries with personal notes, etc. on them, which in my mind renders them not for the open market. So I made a plan to do at least one still life on the quarter sheet size every week end between now and mid-November. That should give me about 16 to 20 of these babies. I don't plan for all of them to work out to be of show quality over the span of that time, or I might poop out on the idea after a short while - but what the hell...here it goes.

1 comment:

Hugh said...

Good luck and I hope you two make some $.