Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tambourine Player in Montgomery

22x30" Watercolor on 300 lb. Kilimanjaro WC Paper

This is the third (and last) of the three musicians we came across at a Krogers grocery store when in the Cincinnati area last February. I started this third piece about two months ago, but the semester bore down on me and the events of family life kept me from the studio. It is so hard to finish a piece after such a long absence from the flow of the mini series. I decided to do some experimenting with technique and plain invention in order to just finish it and move on. I like some things about it, hoping the wonderful smile this woman had would carry the day. But it's hard to cover up the over-worked quality - so that's it - I'm moving on.

2 comments:

Hugh said...

Very nice shapes and patterns. I do enjoy your work!

Gary said...

Thanks buddy. I finished this without feeling much in touch with it. I really like the series you got going - I'm doing some schooling here.