Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Plugging Along

Tuesday AM in the studio feeling pretty good. Got a piece framed and ready to ship to Raleigh for a Flower Still Life show and making headway on this next watercolor. I'm really enjoying painting this one, sorta savoring it cause it's a subject that seems to paint itself. This young man is playing an old National Tricone steel guitar - one like the old blues players played. I failed to get his name, but he has a bit of a story. What I know of him was related to me after the fact by my students who seemed to know a lot more about him. Sure hope that I run into him again. I'll post the finished image - I want to say in a few days, but I'm having so much fun that I don't want it to end.

3 comments:

Hugh said...

Is this studio at home? Do you you have one at work too?

Gary said...

Yeah I pretty much share the down stairs with the garage.I do some things at work - mostly to take advantage of things like digital projectors and the like, but my office quickly fills up with the everyday clutter of the semester along with student work and the like.

Judy Rose said...

love the beautiful colors . I could only dream of painting like this. Amazing.